Sunday, November 6, 2016

Week 11 Tech Tip: Canvas Mobile App

So I have had the Canvas mobile app for a while now on my iPhone and it makes it so easy just to do a quick check on what I need to do for homework or what I need to start focusing on while I am on the move it is so convenient! I recently got an iPad too. The first app I downloaded was the Canvas mobile app for it. It has made keeping up with assignments so much easier! It is like I am carrying around an electronic binder of all the things that I need to do or all the notes that I have taken.

At first I was concerned about the switch to Canvas as it was an unwanted change because I honestly liked D2L. But after experiencing the mobile app and its capabilities. I am so pleased with the switch.

One of the great things about the Canvas app and having an iPad or an iPhone or anything with internet connection capabilities is its use alongside Microsoft's Onedrive. Onedrive is basically a cloud storage service. Because we are students we get a bunch of free space. I store all my slides that I download from Canvas to Onedrive. I can even submit assignments directly to canvas from Onedrive. I am honestly pleased with the direction that OU decided to take with its technology services!

Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment