Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Week 12 Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Section A

Nursery Rhymes, Section A

Tales:

"THERE was a fat man of Bombay,
Who was smoking one sunshiny day,
When a bird, called a snipe,
Flew away with his pipe,
Which vexed the fat man of Bombay."


  • I can probably make a story from this where the fat man is the king or something of Bombay and is really oppressive to his subjects. The snipe is personified by a rebel, who steals the kings pipe - his symbol of power.

"SOLOMON GRUNDY,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday:
This is the end
Of Solomon Grundy."


  • I just think this one is funny for some reason...

Proverbs:

"FOR every evil under the sun,
There is a remedy, or there is none.
If there be one, try and find it;
If there be none, never mind it."


  • This proverb represents how I deal with situations in real life. If I can fix something bad, I fix it. If there is no way for me to make a situation better, I just move on.
Songs:

"LITTLE Polly Flinders
Sat among the cinders,
Warming her pretty little toes.

Her mother came and caught her,
And whipped her little daughter
For spoiling her nice new clothes."


  • What a mean mother and stupid daughter
Riddles: Some possible ones I can use in a story...

"IN marble walls as white as milk,
Lined with a skin as soft as silk;
Within a fountain crystal clear,
A golden apple doth appear.
No doors there are to this stronghold.
Yet things break in and steal the gold.

[An egg.]"

"FORMED long ago, yet made to-day,
Employed while others sleep;
What few would like to give away,
Nor any wish to keep.

[A Bed.]"


Of course I am going to do my best to make this week's story a creepy one with creepy little kids...

Kids are little monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment